Medical QiGong ("Chee-Gong")
What Is It?
“Medical QiGong is an ancient form of Chinese energetic medicine, and is one of the four main branches of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), along with acupuncture, herbal medicine, and medical massage. As with the other branches of TCM, healing occurs through balancing Qi. Qi is the electromagnetic energy which surrounds and pervades all living creatures.” Doctor Jerry Alan Johnson, founder, International Institute of Medical Qi Gong.
We at People’s are proud to have the largest team of Medical Qi Gong Doctors in Santa Cruz County!
All of our practitioners have received doctorate degrees directly through the Henan University in China, and are held to the highest standards of professionalism, integrity, and compassion.
What Can I Expect from a Medical QiGong Session?
- A brief intake about your current state of physical, emotional, and spiritual health. At this point, we will set an intention for healing, and discuss possible outcomes.
- A relaxing period in which you lie on the treatment table, close your eyes, and receive a healing treatment from your practitioner. Methods include energetic and physical techniques which will feel like light massage. This treatment generally lasts from 20-30 minutes.
- Tingling, warmth, movement of energy, seeing colors behind your eyelids, having memories or visions occur, and experiencing emotional releases are all typical sensations for a QiGong treatment.
- In general, the more you work with this system, the more energetically sensitive you become. You will also be more connected to your intuition, your dreams, and your observer-self.
- After your treatment, your practitioner may discuss exercises (sort of like taichi movements or yoga postures), visualizations, breathing or journal techniques, or meditations that will help support your healing process.
What Kind of Things Is Medical QiGong Good For?
In short, any physical, emotional, or spiritual concern whatsoever, can be helped with this ancient system. There are energetic treatment protocols specific to the pantheon of illnesses from cancer, to paralysis, to PTSD and addiction.
If you have further questions, we offer a free 15 minute phone consult with one of our practitioners to help you decide if this type of treatment is right for you.