Since training with Metabolic Balance, and launching my Functional Weight Loss program, I have led 26 happy patients through the program with a 100% success rate. Honestly, I was nervous to go down this path as a doctor of internal medicine. Why? Because losing weight is difficult! I myself was a chubby kid- I stayed chubby throughout the first thirty years of my life, even with really rigorous exercise regimens. I have tried every “diet” under the sun since 1986. From Slim Fast to Keto, I have given them all a disciplined go. Now, after such a long journey with my own search for sustainable, healthy body weight, I have arrived! It has been seven months since I became a Metabolic Balance participant, and I am still at goal weight. I eat meals out, enjoy the same foods as my husband and children, and my metabolism is rock-solid. So, I decided to share this program with as many people as possible. There are several reasons that the functional approach to weight loss makes it more effective than conventional “one size fits all” weight loss programs.
- The program is created for you! I have each patient do a blood draw, with a thorough panel of medical markers. I then take that lab work, and create a meal plan specifically for that patient’s medical and nutritional needs. Heart health, sugar handling, inflammation, immune strength, hormones, kidney and liver function- all of these aspects are addressed with the Metabolic Balance Program. This isn’t your mother’s weight loss program- this program functions to improve your health on all levels. Weight loss is simply the welcome side-effect of a healthy body.
- There is no “nutrition religion” behind the program. No agenda, no politics. Just thorough scientific research. There is no intention that every participant should go raw, vegan, paleo, keto, etc. The foods match the need of the patient, end of story. And yes, meat eaters and vegetarians can do the program, and you can specify food preferences before the plan is created.
- You will be eating sufficient amounts of foods to be satiated and nourished. That’s the whole point. With the functional approach, you won’t be doing caloric restriction. You will be weighing food so that you eat portions appropriate for your ideal weight. Bid difference! There is no risk your body will start eating it’s own muscle tissue to get nutrition, as happens with caloric restrictive dieting.
- The proof is in the pudding. In independent study in Germany discovered that, after one year, 62.5% of Metabolic Balance patients kept the weight off! The gold standard of an effective weight loss program, is 25-30%. Source: http://www.hri.de/index.php?menuid=1&reporeid=58
- Disease prevention! With this approach to weight loss, you get the added benefit of preventing/reversing the following ailments associated with Metabolic Syndrome- Arterial Hypertension, Hypercholesterolemia, Cardiovascular Disease, Gout, Fat Metabolism Disorders, Type II Diabetes, Fatty Liver Disease, Gall Stones, Carcinomas, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Thrombosis, Depression, and Arthritis. That list is what makes weight loss an essential part of any anti-aging program.
I can’t say enough about how this program has changedmy life and the lives of my patients. If you feel you are ready to make a similar transition, please give us a call. I am happy to do a complimentary 15-minute phone consult to explore if this program is right for you.